Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Business Fits Introduction

          If you expect me to describe to you the perfect business that cannot fail, forget it; there is no such thing.  No single business fits every person’s goals and talents.  No business fits in every geographic area.  No business fits every individual’s financial resources.

        There are many reasons for owning your own business.  The most common is to just control your own destiny.  Maybe you just want to create a job for yourself. Some of you are just looking for an investment.  A few of you want to build a business empire.  There are hundreds of other reasons.  I hope this book can help you find the right option to meet your individual goals.

        Some of you think you already know the direction you want to go and are just looking for help in certain areas.  For example, you may want to turn a hobby into a full-time business and are just looking for financing. 

        You are now tempted to read only the chapters on independent start-up businesses and financing.  Please don’t make this mistake.  Read the entire book,  You don’t know what you don’t know.  You may discover that an independent start-up business does not meet your goals.

        Starting a business can be frustrating and expensive.  I started a business in 1984.  I worked out of my home.  I had attorneys, accountants, and bank trust officers all working pro bono.  I put in some long hours.  Once I worked thirty-six hours straight to complete some financial projections. 

        Late into the hours of a particularly frustrating night, jotted down my thoughts.  The next morning, I typed them up and sent them to Entrepreneur Magazine.  Entrepreneur published “An Entrepreneur’s Thoughts” in the February 1985 edition. 

 

Business Fits by Terry Oliver Lee is available on Amazon as an e-book or a paperback. http://BusinessFits.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment