Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Thank You


        I wish to thank everyone who supported me for my reelection as a Barron County Supervisor representing the Prairie Lake district.  It is an honor and privilege to serve in this position.  As a County Supervisor, I also have the privilege of representing Barron County on the Barron County Economic Development Board, and the seven county Regional Business Fund board.  These organizations do a lot for the people of Barron County and western Wisconsin
        When I was young, I was very active in community affairs.  As a Ford Mercury dealer, I was involved with the city, county, and my church.  Over the years I got burned out and dropped out of most of these involvements.  Career, physical moves, and life seemed to get in the way. 
        After Marla and I moved to Prairie Lake, we were semi-retired.  As a retired Federal Mediator, Marla did some binding arbitration.  She had always been an avid reader and saw an ad in the paper to form a writer’s group.  She now has nine books out and is working on number ten.  She no longer has time for the arbitration.  It is good to stay active. 
        After the move to Prairie Lake, Marla knew I had done some acting in high school and saw an ad for tryouts for Twelve Angry Men.  I now have had the honor of being in seventeen plays and serving on the board of the Barron Spotlighters. 
        I became a news junkie and also became interested in politics.  I got involved with the Tea Party movement and started to write a blog called Common Sense, Business & Politics. 
        When I first was encouraged to run for County Supervisor, Marla said since I was interested in government,  I should get involved on a local level.  I said that I just liked to bitch about the federal government and didn’t know anything about local government. 
        I am glad I got involved at the local level and am thankful for the privilege of serving as a Barron County Supervisor.  Retirement should be more than golf, fishing, and grandchildren.  We all have a lot to offer.  Get involved. 
        Thanks again for your support.

God bless President Trump and guide him to make America great again.

Trump did not bring division.  Division brought Trump.             
If you don’t see that, then you’re part of the problem.
Ava Armstrong.       
       
http://BusinessFits.com          Business Fits by Terry Oliver Lee is available on Amazon as an e-book or a paperback. 

No comments:

Post a Comment