Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Muslim Brotherhood President in Egypt

        Egypt elected a new President last week.  The new President is from the Muslim Brotherhood.  I was not surprised by this event. 
What did surprise me was a news commentator making the statement that Las Vegas would have given a million to one odds that this would not happen two years ago.   I could not believe the stupidity of this statement.  I would have taken some of that action at a million to one.  How naive are people?
Egypt had financial problems.  There were riots and protests in the streets.  The Muslim Brotherhood was a major force in those demonstrations.  Who in their right mind did not think the Muslim Brotherhood gaining control was a possibility.
At lot of people like Glenn Beck made the prediction over two years ago.  Oh, that’s right Beck is a “Conspiracist” so his predictions don’t count.  Not even when he is right.  Sorry I mentioned it.

Are we so concerned with making a statement about Muslims that might be considered politically incorrect, that we ignore the facts?  Not all Muslims are bad, but some Islamic extremists are bad and we cannot ignore that fact. 
        I am not even saying a President from the Muslim Brotherhood is a bad thing for Egypt.  I remember when John F.  Kennedy was elected President.  Some people thought the Pope would be running the country.  It did not happen. 
        If Egypt’s new President tries to rule under Sharia law, there is a problem.  People would lose their freedom and in some cases, their lives.  That would concern me and I hope it is not the case.  We just have to stay alert and not ignore the facts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment