Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Racism In Politics

Several things have happened in the last couple weeks that really bother me.  I do not consider myself to be a racist and I don’t think most white people are today.  If we look at the south fifty years ago, it is pretty clear there were many racists, but that is no longer the case.  Don’t get me wrong, there are still white people that are racist, but I think they are a pretty small percentage today. 
Everyone has prejudices including me.   My prejudices do not involve blacks and are based on personal experience with a small sample group, but it is hard to ignore those feelings. 
        This is why I have a problem with the use of racism in politics.  If I criticize President Oboma, and someone disagrees with me, I am immediately called a racist.  Not always, but that is the label the majority of the time, and this is wrong.  I don’t care if President Obama is white, black, green, or purple.  I disagree with things like the lack of fiscal responsibility, and that is my right as a citizen of this country. 
        Criticism of President Obama does not make me a racist.  Why does the liberal progressive left have to play the race card anytime Obama is criticized?  The obvious explanation is that any rational argument is so weak that they have no choice except to play the race card.

No comments:

Post a Comment