Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Give Me $20

      I want you to give me $20.  I may give you back $10, but I don’t promise to give you anything.  I may have a better use for it, or I may feel someone else may need it worse than you do.  I will never give back more than $10 of each $20 I receive.  I have to keep $10, because I have expenses, administrative costs, graft, and waste.  That is only fair and reasonable. 
If I do give you $10, I will tell you how you must spend it.  I will also demand you keep extensive records and report back to me to prove you spent it as I want.  This is only right as I am a lot smarter than you and I know much better than you how you should spend your money.
Sometimes I might give you an extra $10 as a loan.  It will still have all the restrictions of how you spend it.  You will have to pay the loan back with interest.  You may also have to pay back a loan for someone else that I decide needs $10.
If you want to slip an extra $10 in my back pocket, I may see if I can return the $10 from some other people to you, but no promises.  I may also give you an extra $10 if you help me stay in power and help me collect $20 from other people. 
Some of you say you want to give $20 to charity.  This is totally unacceptable.  You are not smart enough to know what charity should receive your charity.  Give the $20 to me and I will give $10 to the charity I consider the most deserving. 
I am also much more qualified to make your health care decisions.  Just give your $20 to me and I will decide what you need for health care and who should provide it.  You are just not smart enough or responsible enough to make those decisions.  But, don’t think I am going to pay for, or provide all your health care.  I may pay for some of it, but you will pay for most of it.  Remember the deductible and co-pay.  Your total health care cost should be no more than 500% of what it would be if I were not involved.
I better give you my address now as I am sure most of you have your checkbooks out and are ready to send me your $20.  After all I am a lot smarter than you are and I know better how to spend your money. 
If you didn’t think this was a good idea, why are you blindly accepting it now with the federal government?  Unfortunately, we are talking about billions of dollars and not $20.
I hope you are not one of those people that don’t care about everyone else as long as you get yours.  Are you happy if I gave you $30 for your $20 and to h--- with everyone else?  I forgot those on the welfare teat, but politicians need them for their votes. 
The only people that really benefit are the politicians, bureaucrats, super rich, and politically connected.  These people are whom I call the political elite.  In spite of what politicians say, don’t make the mistake of thinking they care about the working people of this country.  Actions are all that count.
We need a federal government limited to only those responsibilities spelled out in the Constitution.  Our federal government has become bloated beyond reason. State governments, local governments, and the individual can do a much better job with greater efficiency and less waste.
This is not a red or blue issue.  This is a critical issue for the entire country. It is time for real change for this great country.

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of an episode on "The West Wing." The liberal president's advisors are discussing how to deal with an unexpected budget surplus. The consensus is that they will not give the taxpayers a refund or pay down the national debt, they will instead recommend spending the money on new programs. The chief advisor summons his girl Friday and asks her to pick up a couple pizzas they've ordered, and he gives her a $20 bill. She returns with the pizzas and he asks for his $5 in change. She says she's keeping it. What do you mean, he asks, it's my money! But you'd only blow it, she says, I know a much better way to spend it. And she walks out.

    ReplyDelete