Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Bobbleheads

I watched some of the speeches which took place at the Republican National Convention.  Some were very good and some not so good.  Some were interesting and some were boring.  Some were informative and some were controversial. 

What I found extremely annoying was the bobblehead political commentators.  One network calls it an “In-depth Analysis”. The commentators seem to think they are the news and not the person giving the speech.  They seem to think they are the only people with a brain.  I would rather make my own conclusions about a speech.

Much of their commentary is drivel or just plain wrong. They try to read things into every speech instead of listening to what is being said.  Sometimes they talk over the speech so they and the audience can’t hear what is actually being said. 

They pick at every word and make comments about how a different word would have been better.  They make a big deal about anything that might be perceived as being politically incorrect.  

Media commentators criticize every speech as to who it appeals to and who does not agree.  They are used to conventional politics where the politician flip-flops on every issue. 

The biggest mistake the commentators make is looking at everything the way politics used to be conducted.  That has all changed.  The public is fed up with traditional politics, and the media does not seem to have gotten the message.  This election is not about Democrats vs. Republicans.  It is the working people of this country vs. the established political elite. 
  
I did find Ted Cruz’s speech very interesting.  He refused to endorse Trump for President, but he did say anything would be better than Hillary.  It would have been better for him to stay away from the convention. 

Every Republican Presidential candidate made an oath to support the Republican nominee.  Ted Cruz and Jeb Bush have not kept their word.  This was not just a campaign speech.  It was an oath made to the American people on national television.   I don’t know how I could ever trust a promise made by either one of them.

Cruz tries to make a big deal about keeping his word.  He must think, like President Obama, that the public is naive enough to believe any lie.  Cruz reminds me of an elementary school kid who thinks he has been wronged.  It is pretty sad. 

I did hear the political bobbleheads make all kinds of speculation on why Cruz said what he did, but I didn’t hear any of them make a big deal of the fact that he broke his oath.  Some bobbleheads may have commented eventually, but I could no longer stand to listen to their commentary.  I recorded the convention so I could skip over most of the bobblehead’s comments.

Someone asked me if Trump sounded Presidential in his acceptance speech.  He certainly sounded qualified and competent with a firm knowledge of the problems that face our country and offered realistic solutions. But, if we are talking about what the media bobbleheads call Presidential, I certainly hope not.  I have had enough of the dividing, divisive, and destructive political correctness.
       



No comments:

Post a Comment