Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Libertarian & Green Parties

        Politically, I like to think to myself as an independent.  I am not a staunch Democrat or Republican.  Surveys show that I am first, a libertarian and second a constitutionalist.  I am conservative on fiscal issues and more liberal on social issues.  This may make me weird, but I never claimed to be normal.
        Since my profile shows me to be a libertarian, you would think I should be a supporter of Gary Johnson, the Libertarian Party candidate for President, but after listening to him, there is no way I can support him.  Normally, I would expect him to draw votes from Trump, but after listening to him, he might draw more votes from Clinton.  Johnson is a joke, and will certainly not get my vote. 
        The Green Party is the fourth largest political party in the country.  They are far left and promote big government, global warming, gun control, income redistribution, gender equality, LGBT, and anti-racism.  They use words that are politically correct, but that is their platform.  I am not sure how they really differ from the Democratic Party, although they may be a little farther left, if that is possible.  The Green Party Presidential nominees for President and Vice President are Jill Stein and Ajamu Baraka.  If the names do not tell you enough, check them out.  I am sick of politics trying to divide people along the lines of sex, race, and religion.
        When someone does not agree with the liberal left, the standard rebuttal is that they are racist or sexist.  I think that race baiters and politicians who use race as an argument are the real racists.  Every person living in a disadvantaged urban area should look at who has been in political power over the last fifty years and then vote for real change.  
        I have a problem with anybody who always votes a straight party ticket.  When party members have this kind of attitude, there is no incentive to clean up the party.  The party continues down the road to big government and the political elite without ever representing the working people of this country.   
        Some states and some cities always vote for one party regardless of who is on the ticket.  This is just ignorant and promotes the political elite, government graft, and corruption. 
        My dad always said he voted for the person and not the party.  I agree 100%.  Do we want to vote for the political establishment, big business, big media, and big government, or do we want to vote for change?  The only vote that has any chance of changing the direction this country is going is a vote for Trump. 

http://BusinessFits.com


                

No comments:

Post a Comment