Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Bumper Stickers

        Marla recently mentioned a very attractive new SUV she had seen in a parking lot.  She noticed it had a Trump sign on the back window.  She did not know who owned the vehicle, but commented on how brave they were to have a Trump sticker on the car. 
        We are supporters of Trump, but would not put a Trump sticker on our cars.  The risk of getting the vehicle keyed or damaged is just too high.  We don’t want to have to make paint repairs. 
        I live in Wisconsin and am an Iowa Hawkeye fan.  I have Hawkeye license plate frames on my car and a Hawkeye hitch cover.  I don’t have to worry about someone damaging my car for displaying my team loyalty.
        We have Trump yard signs out where we live.  These also have been vandalized and even run over with a vehicle.  My liberal neighbor across the street has several Democratic yard signs out including a Hillary sign.  They are never touched.  It only the liberals who are destructive.
        This same attitude applies to other political activities.  I have attended and spoken at Tea Party rallies.  When the rally is over, there is not only no damage, there is seldom a scrap of paper or cigarette butt left on the ground. 
        This is certainly not true with liberal protests.  Destruction of property is common.  We have even seen death threats here in Wisconsin at our state capital.  Sometimes paid protesters are brought in from outside the state to create problems. 
        Why do we put up with this double standard?  The same seems to be true for freedom of speech at many of our universities.  Conservative speakers are not invited or allowed to speak at some schools.  This is ridiculous and should not be tolerated for an institution of higher learning. 
        I have heard liberals justify their actions because they are so passionate about their cause or candidate.  Strong feelings do not justify unlawful actions.  Next month’s election is certainly the most important election in my lifetime, but I don’t break the law by damaging or threatening the opposition. 
        We have a federal government that is out-of-control.  Politicians and some celebrities believe they are above the law, while our personal freedoms are in jeopardy. Half the country seems to be more concerned about someone using a politically incorrect word that might offend someone, than the possibility of losing their freedoms.  
        I hope and pray we can change the direction of this country next month with our votes. 
    

1 comment:

  1. When I had my Hardin's Gardens signs on corners where there were no homes, I not only had them vandalized, I had the posts stolen. I suppose it was liberals doing that too? Morons do these kinds of things. Morons are equal opportunity supporters. They assault people at Trump rallies, too. And while your neighbor was lucky, there are plenty of people who have Hillary and other democratic signs vandalized or stolen. And just for your information, I'm not voting for Hillary.

    ReplyDelete