Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Why Own Your Own Buainess?

 There are a lot of advantages to owning your own business. 
·       You control your own destiny. 
·       You have the opportunity to control the amount of money        you make. 
·       You control the hours you work. 
·       You can build equity in your business, which you can later        sell or leave to your family. 
·       You may have better control of when you will be able to           retire. 
·       You may have the opportunity to be semi-retired and less          active in the business at some point in the future and milk        the profits. 

    Unfortunately, owning your own business is not a get- rich-quick deal, except for rare instances.  The down side of owning your own business is that there will be a lot of work.  Most business owners work more hours and harder than they ever did as an employee and often for less income than they received as an employee. 
    The investment in the business is your money and very personal.  It’s not some corporation’s money that’s impersonal to you and your family.  Investing your own money can make starting your own business vary scary. 
        Why do people want their own business?  Here are some of the most common statements I hear:
·       I’m tired of working for nothing.
·       I can’t stand my boss.
·       I want to control my own destiny.
·       I think I can make more money on my own.
·       I want to control my own hours.
·       I may get laid off.
·       I don’t know if I will have a job due to the merger.
·       I’ve been transferred and don’t want to move.
·       I’m tired of making money for someone else.
·       I’m sick of traveling.
·       I’m sick of the politics at work.
·       I’m just burned out, and I have to make a change.

        I have seen estimates that as many as 75% of all people dream of owning their own business.  As few as 5% of them ever make this dream a reality.  Why?
        Everybody has their own reasons for wanting to work for themselves.  For more information on finding the right business for you, read Business Fits.  It is available on Amazon as and eBook and as a paperback. 
           
        God bless America.  God bless President Trump and guide him to make America great again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment