Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Oh Shit


        I admit my language can be colorful.  I do embarrass myself on occasion, but I am totally upset by how politically correct everything we say has to be today.
        Some liberals make all kinds of assumptions based on an individual’s choice of words.  Words alone do not make a person a racist, sexist, homophobe, or Islamophobic. Discounting a person’s contributions to this country because of offensive language is a violation of our first amendment rights. 
        In September I had a heart attack.  I did not recognize the symptoms and didn’t know I was having a heart attack until I was in the emergency room.  The staff was very fast and efficient checking me out.  When I heard one of them exclaim, “Oh Shit,” I knew I was in trouble.  Within seconds, the room was full of people who were very efficient and well trained.  A helicopter was immediately ordered to take me to a level III trauma center. 
        Should I have been offended by the “Oh Shit” comment?  If words hurt and it was offensive, I should have told him to leave the room and let me die.  Actually, I thought the comment was very descriptive of my medical condition at the moment.  He and other medical professionals saved my life.  I didn’t care about their language. 
        I feel the same way about liberals picking on President Trump’s choice of words.  As long as he continues to win and make this country great, I don’t care about his colorful language. 
        Trump’s language might offend people sometimes, but he often uses the most descriptive words possible to paint a picture.  Calling some African countries shit holes is pretty descriptive to me.  It paints a picture. 
        I recently saw a presentation by an individual that spent two weeks in Tanzania.  He went there to teach people how to grow soybeans.  These people had no electricity, running water, indoor plumbing, or safe heat.  Their houses were the most rudimentary structures.  Our old outhouses with the half moon on the door would be an improvement over what they used for toilets.  Their primitive dirt roads were impassable in the rainy season. 
        I don’t think I would describe that country as a garden paradise.  Trump got it right.  He described the country and living conditions.  It had nothing to do with race.
        We need to get over banning certain words.  This is not Orwell’s 1984, but liberals banning speech scares me. 
        Liberals have given politically-correct lip service to minorities for decades, and never improved their situation.  President Trump has reduced unemployment and welfare for all minorities in one year.   We need to look at who people are and what they are doing for this great republic, and not their choice of words. 

        God bless President Trump and guide him to make America great again.


No comments:

Post a Comment