Tuesday, November 17, 2020

New Hip

Last Friday I received a new left hip.  I had a direct anterior total hip replacement at Oakleaf Surgical Hospital. I went home on Saturday at noon.  I am doing well with very little pain. 

As a veteran, I get my health care though the VA.  Four years ago, under President Obama, I might have been lucky to get a new hip, and if I did get one, I would have had to go the VA Medical Center in Minneapolis.  The VA hospital in Minneapolis is excellent, unlike some, but the point is that I would have gotten whichever surgeon who was available.  I would not have had a choice.

 Things are different in 2020 under President Donald Trump.  When I was called with the results of my hip X-rays, the nurse said, “I think you know what they showed.”  I did.  She then said “You probably do not have a preference for an orthopedic surgeon.”

Marla and I had done our research.  I said, “Yes, I do.  I want Dr. Nathaniel J. Stewart for my surgery at OakLeaf Surgical Hospital in Altoona, WI.”  She said okay and the appointment was soon set up with surgery to follow last Friday. 

Thanks to the President Donald Trump, I was able to pick the best hip replacement doctor and hospital in the upper mid-west through the VA.  Thank God for President Trump.

 

God bless President Trump and guide him to make America great again.

 

Trump did not bring division.  Division brought Trump. 

If you don’t see that, then you’re part of the problem.

Ava Armstrong.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment