Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Thespians


     I am not a professional or even an accomplished  good thespian but I enjoy acting.  I had roles in plays all four years of high school.  It was a lot of fun.  I then retired from the stage for 45 years, but I often said I wouldn’t mind doing some community theater if I ever had time. 
      In 2007, Marla saw a local community theater was having auditions for Twelve Angry Men and encouraged me to try out. Since then, I have had roles in sixteen plays in three different community theaters.  I am currently in rehearsals for number seventeen. 
     I meet some great people in community theater, but it does take a lot of time.  Memorizing lines is a lot harder than I remember in high school. 
       I admire good thespians and enjoy attending the theater.  But I have noticed that some of the most amazing actors are not on the stage or screen, but on our political news channels. 
     Watch Chris Cuomo, Jim Acosta, and Don Lemon on CNN, Rachel Maddow on MSNBC, Joe Scarborough on Morning Joe, Chris Hahn on Tucker Carlson Tonight, Juan Williams on The Five, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, or House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.  They are all very talented actors.  I could never lie like they do with a straight face and sound convincing.  They are very, very good.    
     It is amazing how they spin the news.  For years, Democrats recognized and promised to do something about the crisis on our southern boarder.  President Obama called it a “Humanitarian Crisis” that had to be dealt with.  The liberal left agreed, and the lame-stream media fawned over him as usual. 
       Now the crisis has become more severe due to drug cartels, gangs, and caravans of migrants.  It is now a humanitarian crisis that has turned into a threat to our national security.  President Trump is not just talking, but actually trying to do something about it.  Now the media and Democrats are trying to say it is a “Manufactured Crisis.”  How can they be so hypocritical?
       It is a shame that Trump derangement syndrome has brought our great country to this point. The liberal left would rather ignore crime, drugs, and sex trafficking than secure our border, because they don’t want to give Trump what they consider a victory.  It would actually be a win for the American people. 

“Trump did not bring division.  Division brought Trump.
If you don’t see that, then you’re part of the problem.”
Ava Armstrong

God bless President Trump and guide him to make America great again.

No comments:

Post a Comment